Sezzle tries to offer all applicants a simple payment plan through Sezzle, but
unfortunately, we’re not always able to approve every order. Our system assesses
every order individually, taking into account your available funds, outstanding
orders, and the total cost of the order you’re trying to place. If you’re not
approved for any reason, we’ll notify you right away.Here are a few reasons you
may have been denied:
- Insufficient funds. Typically, we check to make sure you have at least 25% of
the total order cost available at the time you place an order.
- Too new to Sezzle. The longer you use Sezzle, the better your chances of
getting approved. Usually, we’re less restrictive after the first six weeks.
- Outstanding balance(s). The amount you owe on previous orders and the
number of open orders on your account both impact your chances of
being approved by Sezzle. Paying off your outstanding balances can
improve your chances of getting approved.
- Order value. Reducing the total cost of your order, or splitting it into two or
three smaller transactions, can improve your chances of getting approved.
e. Payments linked to your account. Adding another debit or credit card to
your Sezzle account helps us understand your repayment ability, which
can help get you approved.
- Keep in mind: Just because you’re not approved today, doesn’t mean you
won’t be tomorrow. Every order is unique – so keep using Sezzle!